Thursday, December 4, 2008

Italy Trip 24

I believe this is the penultimate Italy post-- just one more set of pics and then I'll have to find something else to fill the space. But in the meantime, here's some more from my last evening in Rome. First up is a picture of teh US Embassy on Via Vittorio Veneto. It's a pretty elaborate palace, and I wondered if my snapping a photo was going to prompt the guards to come out and see what I was doing (after all, it happened at the HSBC Building in Buffalo, so who knows?). Anyway, no one seemed bothered:

This is a shot a little further along the street. It's a very ritzy shopping area, with a lot of nice restaurants and street cafes, trees (as you can see) and still pretty busy on a Sunday night:

And here's another fountain. I don't know anything about it except that it looked kind of cool:

Next up will be some shots of the Piazza della Repubblica at night, the last "tourist" stop of my trip.

No comments: