Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Christmas Comment

My earlier post about the lack of Christmas classics produced in the past twenty or so years prompted more comment than anything else I've written to date. Correspondent Lil Sis has nominated a couple of possibilities for entry into the canon (the song "All I Want For Christmas is You" and the films Nightmare Before Christmas and The Santa Claus) which don't resonate with me, but maybe I'm being stubborn. However, I stumbled across this post at the Turner Classics Movies web-site, and although it's not exactly on the same topic, it's closely related. I didn't realize just how many bad Christmas movies there were (even from the classic period), but they sure were fun to read about. Check it out, and let me know if you think any of the movies mentioned rate consideration in our discussion.

2 comments:

Cate said...

Ok Dr. John, I feel the need now to go home and watch White Christmas. Hope you have a safe journey home.
Cate

Lil' Sis said...

Oh I shudder! Shudder from my head to my toes... and it is not from the sub freezing temps....
Lil' Sis