Monday, December 1, 2008

Italy Trip 21

Here are some more pictures from the park surrounding the Villa de Borghese in Rome. The first is of a building which I gather was a guest cottage on the estate. Note the cool trees, which really gave the park an exotic quality:

Here are some arches, which may be ancient ruins, or a re-creation (I'm not sure which, but suspect the latter). I guess if I could only read Italian I'd know for sure.

And here's a train that was ferrying folks around the park. I suppose the engineer would know about the history of the arch above, but since I didn't take a ride, I may never know.

I've probably got two more posts with Italy pictures to come. For some reason. I'm having some difficulty posting pictures, so no guarantees on when they might appear (though I'm going to try another right away). In the meantime, I may have some other things to comment on, so check back again soon.

No comments: