Monday, December 1, 2008

Italy Trip 22

Still in the park here. There were a lot of people riding around on what I assume are rented two and four person bicycles. Unlike the usual tandem-type cycles I've seen before, these are set up so the riders are side-by-side (2x2 in the four person rig). I was walking behind two Americans in one of these things, and they kept crashing into curbs, poles, trees, etc. One of them said this was the most fun they had in Italy, which seemed a really low standard.

Here is a fountain supported by some neat horse statues:

This gazebo looks like it goes back a few years too. Looks just like the one in Clinton Park, doesn't it?

I really enjoyed spending much of the afternoon on the park. My feet were blistered and sore from a week's worth of walking, and this was a nice place to stop and take a lot of rests and just watch what was going on, or to drink in the atmosphere. But as the time grew later, there were a couple of other things I wanted to check out before I had to meet the group for dinner. Those sites will be the subject of the next couple of posts.

No comments: