Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Remembering Italy

It's been awhile since I posted some Italy pictures, and since its kind of a lazy day where I'd like nothing better than to take a stroll along the Arno River in Florence, here are some shots of that river:

This is the view looking northeast from Lungarno Serristori on the north bank of the river.

This is a picture of Lungarno Serristori (the street that runs along the bank of the river) from the other side of the river.

Here we see the Arno, looking to the northwest from the Piazzale Michelangiolo. The big bridge in the center is the Ponte Vecchio, which is lined with jewelry shops.

And last, a twilight view of the river looking west from the Ponte a Santa Trinita (which is the bridge just beyond the Ponte Vecchio in the previous image).

By the way, these pictures are all from my first trip to Italy in 1999/2000 (we were there for the millennial new year), which I've just started digitizing. I'll likely post some more as I get them finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice pics

-e

John Hajduk said...

Evan, is that you? If so, drop me a line.
Dr. John