Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Four More Days Until Pitchers & Catchers Report!

Spring is on the way (it's even a little warmer today in Dillon, or seems so). Pretty soon they'll be playing baseball again, and I'm looking forward to visiting as many ballparks as possible this summer. Here's a little quiz: anyone recognize this park?

How about this one?

I'm at least moderately hopeful of visiting both places later this summer, if all the necessary factors fall into place. Leave your guesses in comments.

3 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
My guesses are that the top photo is the field from the movie Field of Dreams with Kevin Costner and the lower field is from Rochester NY (Don't know if it has a name). How'd I do?
Lil' Sis

Lil' Sis said...

After looking closer at the 2nd photo I can see the name of the field is "Frontier Field" I still think it is in Rochester
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
You're on a roll. I was hoping that the angle on the second one eliminated any such identifying labels, but yes Frontier Field is in Rochester. And the first one is indeed the diamond int he cornfield fro Field of Dreams, located in Dyersville, Iowa (I passed through there some years ago, which is when I took the photo). You probably would've got the pictures I have of Safeco Field, too ;-)
Dr. John