Sunday, January 9, 2011

Soup Diary 110109

Sometime back I posted an entry in this series about my visit to the new Baja Fresh restaurant in Bozeman, and my (mild) disappointment in their version of the chain's otherwise excellent Chicken Tortilla Soup. Well, I'm happy to report that they have righted themselves. I visited again yesterday and the soup was much much better, albeit a tad different from what I've enjoyed in their other outlets on the west coast. In particular, and contrary to the stock image above, the broth was fuller, more like a thin gravy than than the clear broth I was used to. This was not a bad thing, and along with the abundant avocado slices (more than served at other locations) contributed to making this a uniquely pleasant experience. I don't get to Bozeman that often (maybe once every four to six weeks), but it's going to be awfully hard to avoid making this a regular stop when I'm there. Believe me, that's not a complaint, as long as the soup remains such a standout (and by the way, the tacos are pretty good too).

No comments: