Monday, August 1, 2011

What I Did This Past Weekend

My friend Rick and I took a little road trip to watch the Vermont Lake Monsters play a baseball game in lovely Burlington. Both coming and going we made sure to catch some of the other sights of the beautiful Adirondack country in northern New York. Here are a few quick shots from my pocket camera to share (more to come when I download from my SLR), starting with a corner of Mirror Lake Beach near Lake Placid above.

Adjacent to Fort Ticonderoga is a place called King's Garden which replicates an eighteenth century yard with numerous flower beds. Above is the gate at the entrance (I have pictures of the garden itself on the other camera card).

Here's the view of the Vermont shore from the ferry that carried us across Lake George from Ticonderoga, NY.

Last is a shot of the Olympic Center in Lake Placid, site of a couple of Winter Olympics. The Center combines architecture from the thirties (the first time the Winter Games were held here) with modern additions from the more recent Olympics hosted by the town. Note the flags of the world lining the street in front of the Center. More pictures in the next few days.

No comments: