Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Great Game

I had the opportunity to catch a number of minor league baseball games this summer, and always took my camera along. Here are some shots that I think turned out pretty good.

I wish I had taken notes so I could identify the players in these pictures. My goal was to learn how to capture the action with some detail, and I'm getting better at that.

I was lucky to have good seats at just about every game (in Buffalo, Burlington, VT, and Erie, PA), giving me decent angles. Although these are all from the first base side, I did occasionally sit on the third base side too, and will try to get some of those up here as well.

There were a lot of near misses too, because I didn't have the settings right at the moment of action. I was so disappointed after rightly aiming at the shortstop as he made a diving catch, only to discover that I hadn't boosted the ISO enough to register more than a white blur.


No comments: