Friday, August 12, 2011

Soup Diary 110812

I had my last cup of soup at Fables for at least a few months, and it more or less continued their recent resurgence. It was Curried Cauliflower with Mango, and tasted pretty good. My only complaint-- and it really effected my enjoyment of the soup, though I'm not sure why-- was the consistency. It was very runny, even watery in texture. I'm not sure if that's a fair criteria, since it tasted quite good, but it really seemed like it should have been thicker, with bigger chunks of cauliflower or mango or something. I expect this particular mix of ingredients meant that the sweetness of the mango counteracted the spiciness of the curry, but what purpose would the cauliflower serve if not to add some heft? Unfortunately, it was blended down to nothingness. I'm probably being overly nit-picky, and as I go through the next few weeks of withdrawal I'll likely come to miss even this flawed level of quality in my soup choices. But that's the way I see it right now, for good or ill.

No comments: