Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Pennsic Pictures

Let's start with a couple more shots of the performers. The woman above did a dance with her fingernail extensions on fire (they were really long extensions).

This guy was kind of the leader (or at least spokesman) for the troupe of musicians, dancers, and jugglers. He kind of had a comic Robin Hood persona.

These next four photos were taken at the battle on my second day in the camp. Above are some knights getting ready. I'm not sure they are actually knights, but they looked the part to me.

Two large armies gathered on either side of a big field (I'd guess about the size of four football fields arranged two by two). At the signal, they raced across the open territory to clash in the center (a portion of which is seen above).

From my vantage point, it was hard to get more than a mass of bodies pushing at one another, but you can see a bit of individual combat in the pictures above and below (more pictures tomorrow).


No comments: