Monday, August 22, 2011

More Pennsic Photos

Here's another set of photos I took a couple weeks ago at the Pennsic Wars, starting with a standard bearer no doubt there to rally the troops as they head off to battle.

Here's a much less martial setting of several merchants and musicians relaxing outside one of the vendors' tents.

A highlight of the visit was the performance by this magician, entertaining folks in the merchants area with classic cup and ball tricks.

There was so little light at the Baronial party where this musician performed that I couldn't get an ideal picture, but this conveys something of the atmosphere of the evening. Maybe Theresa or Dan can remind me of the name of his group, who I understand are longtime favorites of the SCA community.

These are two of the party-goers from that same evening. Again, it could be a bit sharper, but I like how it captures the general mood of the event-- easy-going revelry under torchlight.

This guy was getting ready for the rapier battle which ended up being a bit of a bust, at least for spectators. At least this guy was ready for some action.

1 comment:

T said...

That band is called Wolgamut. They are from Germany, and make it to Pennsic every year. I certainly look forward to hearing and seeing them when I go.

T