Saturday, February 26, 2011

Political Links

I've been ragging on the governor of Wisconsin for the past couple of weeks because... well because I consider him an obvious enemy of working people and democracy. Clearly, I'm not alone in drawing that conclusion. Here's a good post from Keith Olbermann, with a nice anecdote about why unions are so important (maybe I'll tell a similar story here soon), and why Walker is such a threat to democracy. And here, from the good old Buffalo Beast (which seemed to have fallen on hard times recently), a very revealing prank demonstrating just who Walker's constituency really is. The Beast is being criticized by some as a tool of some grand left-wing media empire (a joke in its own right), but if the fools making that claim had been reading it all along (as I have), they'd know that the website (nee paper) doesn't recognize any ideological master. But they do know a loathsome pol when they see one.

No comments: