Monday, February 7, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, sort of. It's not actually my birthday, but last night I celebrated ten years on the air with my radio show Dr. John's Record Shelf. The program airs on the University of Montana Western radio station KDWG, 90.9 fm if you happen to be in SW Montana on Sunday evenings. I have a lot of fun with the show, having done over 400 episodes over the past decade, and hope I have another ten years, at least, to go. My co-host for most of those shows has been my friend Art Vandalay, and it's been a blast having his contributions to such bits as the Vandalay Challenge, Record Shelf Theater, the Cultural Corner, and of course the weekly Top Fives. Actually, the station itself is also celebrating ten years on the air this month, and I'm quite proud to say that mine is the only show to be in the same time slot ever since K-Dawg went on the air (though their are a couple of other DJ's who've been on for the whole time, their shows have moved around a bit in the schedule). If you can't listen in, you can check out some of the music we play from the partial playlists posted over on the left side of this blog; and check back every Tuesday when I post a clip of the Top Five list. And thanks to everyone who's ever listened to the program-- I hope we've made it worth your while!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dr John and many Happy Returns.....Mom

Lil' Sis said...

Dr John,
Congrats and all the best for the future of Dr John's Record Shelf - the few clips I hear always makes me want to hear more =)
Lil' Sis