Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Soup Diary 101221

One of the great treats of coming back to my hometown of Buffalo is that there are lots of good Greek restaurants to visit-- unlike in Montana where they are a distinct rarity. The other day, after some Christmas shopping with Natalie and ben, we stopped at Kostas, one such establishment, for lunch. I had a hard time deciding what to have, eventually electing to go with the chicken gyro; but of course, I also wanted soup. Unfortunately, most of these places don't offer a wide variety of the great liquid appetizer, almost always serving Chicken Lemon or Lentil soup. The latter was on the bill of fare at Kostas this particular day. Don't get me wrong-- I like both Chicken Lemon and Lentil soups, but neither is exactly in the exciting category. So I enjoyed my tiny beans, carrots and savory broth, nice and hot after strolling the cold winter streets on our shopping expedition. But, this post notwithstanding, it really wasn't anything to write home about.

No comments: