Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Soup Diary 101208

I had a bowl of Italian Wedding Soup for lunch today. This seems a fairly popular variety-- popping up on restaurant menus pretty regularly, though I never order it if I have another option. I don't dislike it really, there's just nothing about it that particularly appeals to me. Every time I have some, it's exactly the same as the last time, no matter how diverse the venues. I'm not even sure what criteria I can use to evaluate the experience of eating Italian Wedding soup-- there isn't a single component that stands out, or that might be emphasized (or de-emphasized) to make it any better (or worse). I guess if it's hot that's better than being cold (temperature of today's bowl: kind of in the middle). I think all things considered, and after many years of trying virtually every kind of soup I come across, I'm really not going too far out on a limb to conclude that Italian Wedding Soup is the most boring soup of all. In fact, if I had waited a day or two to write this up, I might've forgotten about it altogether.

No comments: