Saturday, October 9, 2010

Three Pictures: Musicians

Three pictures today taken at concerts I attended over the past couple of years. Above is blueswoman Michelle Malone performing at Gateway Park alongside the Erie Canal in Tonawanda, NY. I hadn't heard of her before the show (she was opening for Robert Cray), but she made me a fan with her high energy show.

I was already a big fan of Alejandro Escovedo when I saw him at Thursday in the Square in Buffalo last year, and he completely lived up to my expectations and then some. Here he is dueling with guitarist David Pulkingham (l.) with drummer Hector Munoz in the background.

Tift Merritt opened the show for Escovedo, and was awfully good herself. I was familiar with a couple of her records, but she was much better live than I expected, partly because of her excellent band (maybe I'll post another image some time with the whole crew). I've been playing around with all these pictures with Photoshop-- cropping, filtering, etc. I know they're far from pro quality, but I'm having fun trying to make them look a little better.

No comments: