Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Red Rocks

On our recent trip to Las Vegas, my friend Bill and I spent about half a day wandering around Red Rocks Canyon, just west of the city. Here are a few pictures I took while there.

There's some starkly beautiful landscapes in the park, which is mostly desert in the center, by ringed by the titular rocks, as seen in these shots. The interplay of light, shadow and color make it a great place to take pictures.

One of the interesting things about Red Rocks is that it is close enough tot he city that people bike out to ride its trails. We passed dozens of folks on their two wheelers as we drove out, but once we got there, it was easy to wander away from any crowds to just enjoy the natural wonders.

I'm still in the process of going through the hundreds of pictures I took on the trip. No doubt I'll eventually post some more from Red Rocks as I get a chance to review them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful, John ! ! !
What a wonderful world we live in.

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful, John ! ! !
What a wonderful world we live in.