Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday Funnies


It's been some time since I posted some of the great Fontaine Fox's Toonerville Trolley strips. So here are a few.

This is one of those classic strips that creates a wonderful little world, populated by uniques and compelling characters. Last time I put a few of these up, I believe I focused on some of the more well-known characters like the Terrible Tempered Mr. Bang and the Powerful Katrinka.

This time, I'm going with some of the less well known denizens of Toonerville, like the Professor and Suitcase Simpson, though I had to include at least one with the Skipper.

Doesn't Toonerville come across as a place you'd like to visit, if only to see what other wonderfully odd folks inhabit the place?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I came to Buffalo in 1950, I had a subscription to the Titusville Herald which carried the Toonerville Trolley. My co-workers at Sisters Hospital had never heard of Toonerville and teased me about coming from there. We had many laughs over the characters I shared with them. You can show the Toonerville Trolley comics any time for me. I love them. Mom