Friday, May 4, 2012

Santa Monica

One of my favorite places to visit in California is the city of Santa Monica.  A big part of the reason is the beach there, which has lots of great features to photograph. Another reason is that, somewhat unique in metropolitan L.A., it's fairly easy to find free places to park there (which doesn't mean that I don't end up walking a bit sometimes to get to my destination).  Anyway, here are a few pictures I took on a recent visit down to the waterfront and pier.


These guys seemed totally oblivious to all the people wandering around the pier, even standing still for pictures. I guess it's that laid-back California thing.

Below is one of the hotels that line the stretch of beach just southwest of the pier. How great would it be to wake up in the morning and look out over the activity on the beach with the Pacific stretching out as far as the eye can see? 



No comments: