Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Rockin' the Moore, Part 2

Continuing from the previous post (below)... all the vocalists marched on stage to join in on "Yellow Submarine." The brass section even got out of their seats and marched around in the back of the stage.  The long-haired guy in the middle is Aaron Daniel (of Onemannbanned), who performed what I'd say was the highlight of the concert for me, a great version of "If I Needed Someone."

This is probably the best shot I got of Marenka, apparently awaiting a cue.  I hope she speaks to the conductor and gets a seat up front next time I'm there (the orchestra is planning to perform Sgt. Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour next year, so I definitely have a good excuse to return). 

Sean Nelson (who has worked with Death Cab for Cutie and the Minus Five, and writes music and film reviews for The Stranger) and John Roderick (of the Long Winters) were the final vocalists, performing together (as Paul and John) and separately, and providing some great stage banter to go along with their stellar singing.  All in all, a great time with some great music and wonderful performers-- what else could one want from a concert?  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness, John, this sounds - looks like a really great concert. Your pictures and descriptions are almost like being there. Wish I could have been there....Mom