Monday, April 9, 2012

Remembering Florence

Here are a few more of the "found" photos I've spent much of the past weekend digitizing.  These are from my trip to Italy back at the turn of the millennium, in particular some shots of Florence (where my friends and I rang in the New Year in front of the Duomo, seen in the picture below).

You can see the remnants of the old city wall, which dates back to the time of the Borgias (if not sooner) crawling up the hill in the shot below.  This is south of the city center.

Again, we were there over the holiday season, so there was a lot of activity around the shops and squares throughout the city. 

I can't recall the name of this plaza below, but it's adjacent to the Art Academy where Michaelangelo's David is housed (among a great many other masterpieces).  I also discovered, on a subsequent visit eight years later, that there is a monastery on another side of the plaza which has its own treasures.


No comments: