Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pictures of Bannack

Once again, nice weather prompted me to grab my camera and head over to Bannack for some picture-taking a couple of days ago.  Here are a few of the shots I took.

My favorite barn, along with the beat up wagon out front, against the background of an interesting sky.

 I'm not sure exactly what I did to create the two-tone effect in this picture but I kind of like the effect. 

I've probably posted a variation of this shot before, as it is a spot I've photographed about a diozen times over the years.  In this version, I employed the HDR function on my camera, which takes three shots with different exposures, then combines them into a single image.  I'm quite happy with the result, which seems particularly evocative of the ghost town atmosphere. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last pic is fantastic.

Oh, and I had some lovely homemade soup the other day - you should have been there.

-e

Lil' Sis said...

I love your pictures of Bannack!
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Thanks e & Lil Sis!
Dr. John