Tuesday, October 11, 2011

More Pictures of the Pioneers

It snowed up in the mountains last weekend, so I once again headed up with my camera. My goal was the Coolidge ghost town, and I'll probably post some pictures from there in the next few days. But before and after I got some good shots of the area on the cusp between autumn and winter-- some nice colors augmented by the white of snow.

Actually, but the time I got up there, the snow was already starting to melt, so walking through the woods was kind of a spooky experience, as I would periodically hear clumps of snow smacking into the ground as it dropped from the tree branches.

Personally, I'm hoping that winter is still a few weeks-- make that months-- away. I prefer the sunshine and warmth. But I have to admit that the snow adds a nice highlight to the scenery.

The final picture was taken a bit later in the afternoon, and a bit further north in the Mount Haggin Wildlife Refuge. It almost looks summery, if it weren't for the multi-colored leaves dotting the gully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some beautiful pictures here, John. I really liked them. You must have had a wonderful day up there in the mountains. Mom

John Hajduk said...

I should have some pictures up soon from my visit to the Coolidge ghost town, which I visited for the first time that same day. I was expecting to spend about three or four hours up there taking pictures, and it quite quickly turned into an all-day affair, so yes I had a great time.
Dr. John