Monday, October 3, 2011

Autumn in the Pioneers

This past Saturday I took the long way on a drive up to Butte and went along the Scenic Byway through the Pioneer Mountains, stopping here and there to snap some pictures. These are a few that turned out particularly good. Abovwe is a view looking down toward Grasshopper Creek.

Obviously, Fall colors were of special appeal, though I wish I'd been there a bit later in the day. Above is a view of the Wise River which flows down to the Big Hole River.

I spotted this guy wandering around the Crystal Park with a bunch of his buddies. I was able to snap off a few pictures before they spotted me and took off, and this one was about the best.

Last is another view of the Wise River a little ways further upstream from the other picture. I'm hoping to head back up here next weekend to check out some other spots. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather remains cooperative.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John, the pictures are lovely. What a beautiful world we live in. Mom