Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Big Hole Valley

Last Saturday I spent a pleasant couple of hours at the Big Hole National Battlefield, the site of a famous clash between the army and some Nez Perce Indians back in 1877. This may have been my last chance to get out and shoot some fall colors, and I think these turned out pretty well.

As you can probably tell, the sunshine was a bit intermittent, but when it was out, the colors were quite nice.

Above and below are a couple of different perspectives on the same snow-capped mountain off to the south, the name of which I sadly do not know. I have a feeling that the by the next time I get out this way, the snow will have come to the valley as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful place! I would have enjoyed a nice walk around there. Mom