Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Four Pictures: Council Grove State Park

Just outside of Missoula is a small state park called Council Grove. It marks the spot where a treaty between the American settlers and local Indian tribes was signed back in the mid-nineteenth century. I visited last weekend looking for photo ops, and these four pictures represent the best of the shots I took. The river is Clark's Fork.

I was using a new fixed focal length lens that I recently purchased, and I'm pretty pleased with its performance, with regard to color and crispness.

It was a bit early in the year to catch the leaves changing, though you can kind of tell they are on the verge. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get oput again when the colors are really spectacular.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sure looks like Fall to me, John.
Nice pictures. Mom