Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Berlin in Black and White


I've been going back over the shots I took last year in Germany, looking for details that I might have missed the first time around. All of these are portions of much larger images, cropped and expanded to hone in on some component that was somewhat buried in the original picture. I also converted them to black and white because... well, Berlin just seems like it should be in black and white for some reason (maybe because I grew up in the Cold War era).


The guys in uniform are professional models representing the old days of the divided city, but more people were interested in taking pictures of a guy dressed up as a giant Teddy Bear. This was right by the Brandenburg Gate.


A snack shop on the Mall a few blocks east of the Brandenburg Gate.


This hansom driver was waiting for a fare, but from what we were told, it was the first nice day of the Spring and so everybody was happy to walk.


And last a shot of the edge of the Tiergarten (if memory serves me).

No comments: