Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Soup Diary 110719

Fables Cafe in the Buffalo library is starting to redeem itself, at least a little. After a change in management sent their soup offerings plummeting in quality a few months ago, I've now had three tasty cups in a row. Most recently, they nailed the Mushroom Marsala, which was definitely a reach for me compared to the Black Bean and Stuffed Potato that preceded it. By that I mean that I'm not generally a big fan of mushroom soups (while it's pretty hard to make a bean or potato variety that I won't find at least acceptable). But this one was quite tasty, with a somewhat buttery broth which worked very well. It's still been a long time since they hit a home run, but if they can pump out consistent doubles like this, they'll generally score well enough for me to keep giving them my business when downtown.

No comments: