Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Four Random Photos II

Here are four more pictures found on a memory card (from my Canon point and shoot, by the way, not my DSLR). I should probably also mention that I've been looking at some collections of Walker Evans photographs, which somewhat accounts for experiments in capturing shots of ordinary places as I pass by them, like the gated alley with the Coke machine above.

Evans also did a lot of architectural shots. Above is a building being renovated on the University of Buffalo campus. In the reflection, you can make out one of the older classic buildings, and the tower in the background is part of the physical plant.

The stairs above were also shot at the New York Central Terminal (see previous post). Unfortunately, the top of these steps is boarded up, so I couldn't go explore the upper levels of the building.

Finally, a more experimental shot from Niagara Falls. I was playing around with moving the camera with a long exposure while trying to retain at least some degree of clarity in the subject. This was about the most successful of those experiments.

No comments: