Monday, July 11, 2011

Soup Diary 110711

Well, for the first time in a long while, I've now had two consecutive good bowls of soup at old favorite Fables. The first, you may recall, was their Brazilian Black Bean, and now I've also enjoyed a very satisfying dish of Loaded Potato Soup. The "loaded" part may have been a bit of an exaggeration (does anyone else remember the brief fad of potato bars at restaurants, sometime back in the eighties?), as all I detected was some bacon, cheese , and onion mixed in with the potato. But that was plenty, and in fact, none was overly abundant, allowing the potato flavor to dominate. I was half expecting something overly cheesy and was pleasantly surprised that they were fairly restrained with the cheddar. This would've been an even better selection if this were winter, as it promised to keep my insides warm for quite awhile after lunch. I'll probably be back to Fables sometime in the next couple of days and I hope they can extend their modest winning streak.

No comments: