Saturday, March 12, 2011

Soup Diary 110312

Recent entries under this title may have led you to conclude that I failed to find a truly satisfying bowl of soup during my recent visit to Las Vegas. Not true. In fact I had a really first rate bowl of Cuban Black Bean when we lunched at a Caribbean place called the Bahama Breeze. Our choice of that restaurant was entirely by chance, as we had actually planned to eat at the Mexican place next door. But when that establishment turned out to be closed, we decided to try its neighbor which, certainly as far as the soup was concerned, turned out to be a fine choice. The black bean soup was spicy without being hot, a nice balancing act; and, as in the picture above, included a scoop of rice in the center (which was a new twist to me). It added a little extra texture and color to the mix, both positive additions. So even though it took me a few days, I did not leave Sin City without experiencing at least one soup-fueled tingle of the taste buds. Plus, the sandwich I had was pretty good too, so I now have another restaurant to add to my regular stops for the next time I get down there.

No comments: