Monday, March 21, 2011

More California Pics

One opf my favorite places in Los Angeles is Griffith Park in the Hollywood Hills north of the city, and my favorite place in Griffith Park is Griffith Observatory (and not just because James Dean hung out there).

On my last visit I was there at dusk and so had a chance to get some great photos, of which these few are a sampling. It was the first time I visited when the place was crowded and the building and roof were open to visitors (in past visits I was always there in the early morning).

The design of the building along with its setting make it extremely photogenic, as in some of these shots capturing the architechture in the foreground with cityscapes beyond.

The above was just a lucky shot-- being in the right place at the right time as the girl was waving a flashlight in front of the backdrop of the lights of LA.

I like how this one seems like a castle turret overlooking the city below. I've been to the observatory four times now and I really hope I have the chance to return someday (maybe to actually get a look through the telescope!).

2 comments:

Lil' Sis said...

I really like the lucky shot photo - it looks like she is giving a heart to her boyfriend.
Lil' Sis

John Hajduk said...

Lil Sis,
That's exactly what I thought. I took about five photos of the two of them, because the flashlight caught my eye (I wonder if they were making some kind of video themselves?), and this is the only one where the girl wasn't real blurry-- it was a real bonus that it's also the one where the light outlines a heart. Definitely lucky.
Dr. John