Thursday, November 27, 2008

Italy Trip 20

[Thanks to Lil sis for letting me spend some time on her new computer to get these last few messages posted-- this blogging business can be addictive and I was suffering from withdrawal these past few days!]

The park surrounding the Villa de Borghese was incredible, especially on such an unexpectedly nice day. It reminded me of Retiro Park in Madrid, or Central Park in New York-- very busy with people engaged in all kinds of outdoor activities and just enjoying the nice weather. Here's a picture of a fountain outside the Modern Art Gallery:

Nearby was a nice little boat lake, with lots of folks out in their rented craft:

Here's just a nice shot of the park, looking towards the lake, but from another angle:

Walking around the lake a little further, I spotted this little columned building peeking out on the other side:

After dragging myself away from the lake (it was a very nice spot to sit and rest my weary feet-- everywhere I went this day was on foot), I spent a little time watching some kids play soccer near this spot, the Piazza de Sienna:

You can tell that the daylight was growing short from the long shadows. I'll have some more pictures of the park, and from my last evening in Italy soon.

No comments: