Monday, November 24, 2008

Italy Trip 18

while walking from the Spanish Steps to the Piazza del popolo, I passed by a small patio on which there were two statues. Here's the first (I do not know if it is an ancient relic, or only looks like one):

And here's the other (definitely not an ancient relic):

These two were literally about six feet apart from one another. Does anyone want to guess what they might possibly have in common? Or is it just a weird coincidence that they were in such close proximity to one another?

Anyway, you might recall the short video I posted of the concert I stumbled onto in the Piazza del Popolo. Here's a picture of the stage from the opposite side from where I shot the video:

And here's a closer look at the statues behind the stage, which certainly added to the setting considerably:

Here are the two matching churches on the south side of the Piazza:

p.s. I won't be posting for the next couple of days, as I travel to Washington for Thanksgiving. Maybe while I'm there Lil Sis will let me use her computer to post, and I'll be sure to include some up-to-date pics of the west coast branch of the family. But don't worry, there's more from the Italy trip to come...

No comments: