Friday, March 2, 2012

Soup Diary 120302

The Milk Pail has definitely won me over as the soup vendor of choice here in Dillon. I stopped by the other place earlier in the week, and they had the same variety as my previous visit several days earlier (potato chowder). It was very good, but I would've liked to try something different. Meanwhile, two trips to the Milk Pail this week afforded the opportunity to try two new varieties. The Loaded Tater was very tasty, but perhaps a bit overloaded (cheese, sour cream, and butter in the broth in addition to bacon and potato chunks)-- very rich, and not the kind of stuff I can eat on a regular basis. But today, having woken up with the sniffles and sneezing throughout the morning, I went with the Chicken Dumpling and all cold symptoms have been in remission ever since. That's some potent chicken power, and I'm glad it's a daily staple, in case those sniffles return. I'm not sure I'd order it over the other varieties I've had there so far (even the other regular menu item, chili), but in the event of illness it will definitely go tot he top of the list.

No comments: