Friday, March 30, 2012

Soup Diary 120330

I visited Steve's Cafe in Helena last week and was not disappointed in the soup selection, though it was a variety I'd had before.  Their Chunky Creamy Tomato is quite a treat-- rich in flavor, and loaded with slightly crunchy chunks of red pepper and celery along with more tender pieces of tomato.  It actually tasted a bit like gazpacho, though with a warm, creamy broth.  As on my past few visits, the place was quite busy, and it's not just the soup that's pulling them in.  I also had a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich with bacon and avocado, which by itself would be a huge incentive for return visits (though I'm also curious to sample some of the other items on the menu as well).  I only get up to Helena four or five times a year; if I lived there, I'd probably be going to this place three or four times a week, it's that good.  My only regret is that I didn't find this place until last year, and I wonder how many great meals I missed out on before I did.       

No comments: