Saturday, March 24, 2012

Riding the Wild Surf

 Actually, the surf wasn't all that wild the afternoon I  stopped to take these pictures at what I think was Topanga State Beach in Malibu.  Trying to capture the action of the waves and the surfers is a great photo exercise, and I think these turned out pretty good (with a little cropping and exposure adjustment).

I like the curl of the wave I captured in this one.  I don't know what the debris is out beyond the surf-- it might just be seaweed. If it's not, then you have to admire (or scratch your head over) the surfers going out into the garbage.

In addition to the guys with their boards, there was also a huge pelican swimming out from where I was shooting, but I couldn't get a shot that looked like anything other than an old log (mainly because he was between me and the sun, so every shot came out totally backlit). 


No comments: