Saturday, March 17, 2012

More Spring Training

Yesterday I posted some pictures from the Mariners training camp.  I also attended a game between the Padres and Giants (the Padres share a facility with the Mariners).  There were a lot of unfamiliar names in both lineups, but the pitching matchup was between a couple of guys who've been successful in the past, Edinson Volquez for the Padres (above) and Madison Bumgarner (below).

Bumgarner was a bit sharper, as the Giants jumped out to a two-run lead early, but the Padres caught up and made a game of it for awhile.

James Darnell (above) hit a home run for the Padres and looked pretty impressive at bat.  I would guess he's a prime prospect, though I wasn't familiar with him before this game.

As I wandered around the stadium during the game, I was careful to focus on second base whenever runners were on, as both teams seemed intent on running at every opportunity.  That anticipation served me well with shots like the ones immediately above and below.

I don't think I've ever seen such intent interest from the bench during a game as seen below.  I guess everyone wanted to convince the manager that they were "in" the game. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really good time there at the old ball park. Mom