Monday, March 26, 2012

More Pictures of the Huntington Library Grounds

You can probably tell how much I enjoyed wandering around the Huntington Library grounds-- this is my third post of pictures taken that day (and there may be more to come).  Above is a shot taken just inside the entrance area.  The red buds on these trees was very eye-catching (though I have no idea what they are).

This is the view looking north from the patio outside the Library itself.  Pasadena lies just beyond the trees in front of the mountains in the distance.  

This image seemed to lend itself to the black and white treatment-- with the sunbeam glowing down on the small little shrine (you can just make out the statue inside the columns, if you look closely).

 These colorful flowers I recognize-- they are cherry blossoms.  This tree was on the edge of the Japanese garden that I featured in an earlier post. 

This is the atrium outside the Gallery of American Art.  It's a really nice collection, more expansive, I thought, than their European collection (which seems geared way too much towards British painting for my taste).  This is one of my favorite places to visit in Southern California, and I hope to have the chance to visit again sometime. 

No comments: