Monday, January 2, 2012

Pictures of the Beach

Actually, beaches (plural). I spent a good part of the first day of the year in a couple of Lake Erie parks, along with Sally, Tom, Natalie and Andromeda. These are a few of the pictures I took.

It was a blustery, but not very cold day, perfect beach weather in the sense that hardly anyone else was out at either Wendt or Evangola, which meant that Andromeda could run around freely. But it also makes the images appear a bit bleak.

By the way, these photos are totally unretouched as I don't have access to my usual editing software. I'm not sure I would have done much to fix them, but I likely would've employed some cropping and lighting adjustments.

I don't know who that dog is-- he just suddenly appeared in the corner of my viewfinder as I snapped this shot. There's a tiny black dot just down the slope from the trees on the right-- that's Tom and Natalie way off in the distance.

Of course, no visit to the beach would be complete without a spare-tire sighting. Look for these to be reposted eventually, with some selective editing. Maybe I'll do a before and after comparison.

No comments: