Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Five Random Pictures

Today I came across a memory card that I haven't looked at before, at least not since I took the pictures (some of which go back more than a year). These were shot on my little pocket Canon which I carry around when I don't feel like lugging my DSLR, and some of what I look for when I have this camera in hand is quick "sketches" that amount to experiments with composition or lighting, or sometimes both.

None of these have been edited, though some would probably benefit from a little work. But I thought I'd go ahead and post them because I think they look kind of interesting.

These were all taken in Western New York, starting with the top shot at Artpark; next a photo taken at the graduate library at the University of Buffalo (where they seem to be removing big chunks of the collection; the light pole in front of my mother's house; and the new science building looming over the construction trailers on the Main Street campus of UB.

This last one was taken at the Italian Festival on Hertel Avenue last summer-- a gondolier posing in front of a model of the Tower of Pisa.

No comments: