Friday, November 25, 2011

Soup Diary 111125

In an odd coincidence, every opportunity for soup on my recent trip to the Great Northwest, the only option offered was something with chicken. That's not a huge problem, as I like most chicken-based soups, but it did get a little tired after awhile. Probably the most interesting was the mulligatawny I had at the Brown Point Diner above Puget Sound just northeast of Tacoma. It's a chicken and curry deal, with a slight ginger flavor. I think that traditionally it also includes apples, but this version left that out, though it was still pretty good. I'm worried though that I may be turning into something of a soup snob because when I asked what the soup of the day was, the waiter felt the need to explain to me exactly what mulligatawny is, apparently assuming I did not know. I managed to keep my indignation in check this time, but how soon before I explode at some future unknowing server who presumes to lecture me (me!) about soup? I mean, the very idea! Humph!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. John
You are turning into a cantankerous old curmudgeon,I do believe. Mom

Anonymous said...

PS. You should have tasted the delicious squash, apple soup that Ben made for our Thanksgiving feast.
Now, that was spectacular. Mom