Friday, November 11, 2011

Five Pictures: Bannack

I was able to get out to Bannack one last time while the weather was still pretty good, and took a bunch of photos (which was kind of the point of the visit). These were some of the ones that turned out pretty good, as I was mostly looking for interesting angles or details to shoot, like the doorway above.

This view from the front door back to the kitchen of one of the old houses was taken with the HDR feature of my camera. This setting actually takes three shots in quick succession, adjusting the exposure for each, then melding them together. This balances the lighting so that no part is too light or too dark. I like the effect of depth in this picture, which I think is accentuated by the balanced lighting.

Lots of old, broken wheels are scattered around the town, making nice subjects for a still-life.

In this shot of the hotel lobby, I liked the interplay of the geometric various shapes.

Bannack is often referred to as a ghost town, so I thought I'd throw in a spectral image from the old bar/barber shop (though I admit the effect would've been stronger if I'd been wearing a cowboy hat or a smock).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are great! I especially like the long view through the house. and the ghost is cool!
Sally