Friday, June 3, 2011

Soup Diary 110603

Well, it was bound to happen sometime. I had a truly awful cup of soup at Fables the other day. There've been some in the past that I wasn't real enthusiastic about, but this one-- Sweet Pea Basil-- just tasted terrible. It almost seemed like the primary ingredient was vinegar, and I wondered if the "chef" (have to put it in quotes under the circumstances) even bothered to taste it before putting it out for customers. I've been hearing that the quality has been in decline there over the past few months (new management), but I'm still hopeful that this was an aberration and I'll be back to enjoying my semi-regular visits there over the summer. One thing though, I'm scaling back to ordering cups instead of bowls until I'm convinced this experience was a one-off.

No comments: