Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Ghost" Pictures

I recently figured out how to do double (and triple) exposures on my camera, and had some fun today collaborating with Nik and others to take some interesting "ghost" pictures. These would be much better if I'd used a tripod, but in some ways the shaky backgrounds add to the effect.

The kids got into the spirit of trying to come up with different ways to maximize the effect, including the shot below of the ghost slide.

This last shot is also a double exposure, but I tried something different here and I like the effect. Using manual focus, I took the picture of Emma, then took the lens completely out of focus for the second shot. That's what created the vaguely soft focus aspect of this picture. Needless to say, the experiments will continue!

No comments: