Monday, December 5, 2011

Pictures of Rome

Ancient Rome came up in discussion during my class today, which prompted me to go back and take a look at the pictures I took on my visit a few years back. These few, all taken in and around the ruins of the old Forum, haven't been posted here before, so I thought I would share them today.

Even though it was November when these were taken, we had great weather to walk around the complex and examine a lot of the ruins closeup.

These centurions for hire (for picture-taking) were hanging around outside of the Coliseum, smoking cigarettes and chatting up the tourists. They definitely added some color to the neighborhood.

I really hope I get back to Rome someday. I've been there twice, but don't feel like I've even scratched the surface of all the wonders to see there.

No comments: