Monday, December 19, 2011

California Black & White

Maybe its a pointless exercise to extract the color from shots of sunny Southern California, but I wanted to see how these would look, and I think they turned out okay (good enough to share). The first above was taken while driving south on Robertson Drive (or maybe Doheny). The palms make for a nice twist on the traditional "tree-lined" street.

These bells hang inside a wall partially enclosing a small courtyard in the mission complex at San Juan Capistrano.

Santa Monica beach is one of my favorite spots for picture taking. You've got surfers, birds, an amusement park, interesting architecture above the beach... I totally understand how someone could become a beach bum.

This last shot is from the gardens surrounding the Getty Institute which is just up the coast from Santa Monica. It's a great museum on beautiful grounds. I'm really happy with the way this picture turned out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Johnny, I completely agree. Your black and white pictures are great. Mom

Jennifer said...

These are great!