Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Soup Diary 110824

Wasn't it Albert Einstein who said it was insanity to do the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results? By that definition I must be insane because I keep ordering the soup at Great Harvest in Butte expecting it to be good. In my defense, it's always a different variety of soup, but even so their track record is terrible. The real irony is that they aren't very adventurous with their selections. It's always something straightforward like vegetable beef, chicken noodle, or in the most recent case, cream of tomato. You'd think such standards would be hard to mess up, but they somehow always manage. The tomato soup was very acidic in flavor, and was only palatable once I'd dumped in a bunch of croutons. It's mystifying to me as to why they can't get the soup right because their sandwiches are always really good (I had a BLT yesterday). That's enough to keep me coming back at least somewhat regularly, which means I'll likely take another stab at the soup too. I guess there are worse forms of insanity.

No comments: