Friday, August 19, 2011

Soup Diary 110819

I think I forgot to write about one of the better cups I enjoyed over the past couple of months: the Vegetable Beef with Bow-Tie Pasta at a place called the Lake Effect Diner in Buffalo. Normally I would not order vegetable beef, especially if there's another option. This is primarily due to the fact that until just a few years ago, it seems like I had vegetable beef soup about once a week. That probably isn't literally true, but I'd guess that after chicken noodle, this was the kind of soup I'd eaten the most over the course of a lifetime. But on this occasion, it was all that was available, and the reference to bow-tie pasta made it just different enough to give a shot. It turned out to have a rich and beefy broth, with tender chunks of beef and a nice array of veggies. In fact, the pasta was kind of an unnecessary addition, though I guess it made the whole concoction a bit more hearty. A good soup, and worthy of mention here. I'm glad I stumbled across the photo seen above, reminding me to post some comments.

No comments: